Monday, December 11, 2006

Justifiable? Homicide!

{It happened again. I wrote this in reaction to an incident that happened 10 years ago}

JUSTIFIABLE? HOMICIDE!

"Don't be angry" you say, "tomorrow is another day."
But another boy, not coincidently Black, a bullet in his head, it entered from the back.
Denied him this day to greet; another tomorrow? He'll Never meet.
Another Mother cries. Another Son dies.
Once again it is described: "Justifiable Homicide".
You say, "Be not Judge nor Jury; nothing Good is born from Fury."
But this Fury fiercely rages, against a system that relentless wages,
Brutal wars on the ill-fated, historic victims of Justice not sated.
Another Mother's Dream retires, Another Son's warranty expires.
Once again it is replied: "Justifiable Homicide".
"Don't lose Hope" you say to me, "Tomorrow will be different; you'll see".
But each Tomorrow mirrors the day before, beating a Genocidal Path to my door.
Each Promissory Note remains unsigned: Refuting the concept "Justice is Blind".
As each Mother cries, As each son dies,
Premeditated systematic Genocide
Is euphemized: "Justifiable Homicide".

I had to share this. I wrote this 10 years ago when a 14-year old boy - unarmed, walking down the stairs in the projects because the elevator wasn't working was shot in the back of the head by a city cop. Almost to the day, give or take a week, it happened AGAIN! The boy was 14-years old, unarmed, jogging through the park, an inexperienced (rookie) mistook the jogger for an assailant who had just stuck up a gas station; the stick up guy was described as 5'11" and Black;the murdered child was Black barely 5'5". It happened again. . .

5 Comments:

Blogger DesLily said...

I know whenever an innocent bystander gets shot it makes me wonder what could be done to prevent it.

I have no answers. They can't take away the guns from the police.. and I don't know what sort of training/ procedures they go thru when in training to be able to make the right choices when it comes to actually firing their guns. But it does seem like whatever they are doing, it's not enough.


ps.. I responded to your comment on my site.. lol

6:10 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

man, there are a number of gangster rap lyrics i could recite that would accurately depict many of our attitudes on this topic.

How 'bout NWA's immortal classic F$#@ the Police!! and the list goes on.

You would think tragedies like these would garner more protest, more outrage, but nooooooooooo, we want to attack "Happy Feet" because it's about gay penguins.

Crazy.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone has called the gunning down of young Black males "a disease" and it seems to fit. Convicted and executed before standing trial for a crime that didn't occur. When will it end?

6:13 AM  
Blogger mimi said...

I guess I am beyond angry. I feel this young man's family;I feel for the future this young man could've had;I feel for Mankind "Proper";I feel for the rookie who ended this young man's life: if he has a conscience, how can he continue in his chosen profession?; if not, he shouldn't have a badge, gun or 1 second of PEACE OF MIND;if you believe in Heaven & Hell, those randomly visciously murdering on the basis of color, etc. have an eternal fire awaiting them.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's unfortunate that we can rattle off various scenarios that ultimately led to the "unintentional" death of black males, women and children.

I'm not certain how many times I can recall a caucasian male, woman or child being "accidentally" shot by the police department. Seems so much more familiar in minority neighborhoods.

Systematic Racism?? Nooooooo. Maybe it's because we all look alike....

America--got to love it.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home